We’re busy building our shared kitchen and we’re looking for a new member of the team!
Overview: The Business Loop CID and REDI are teaming up with other community partners to open a shared commercial kitchen at Mizzou North. The shared kitchen will benefit the community by:
- Encouraging the growth of local food entrepreneurs by reducing barriers and creating opportunities for those without easy access to a commercial kitchen, including those who have been impacted by racial, social, and economic inequality.
- Supporting local and regional farmers by providing cost-effective space to produce value-added products.
- Increasing the economic vitality of the Business Loop by developing a catalytic project that can spur new food-based businesses along the corridor.
- Creating quality jobs that support upward economic mobility for the residents of Columbia and Boone County.
- Providing a space that can be used in the future for business incubation, workforce development, food safety classes, and other training opportunities.
Qualifications: Must have the ability to manage a shared space, problem solve, multi-task, meet deadlines, and work with all types of people. Additional skills needed include a level of comfort with online programs from scheduling and invoicing programs to social media; time management and organizational skills; and written language skills.
Description: This position requires knowledge of kitchens, kitchen safety, and kitchen equipment, including the ability to train others on the equipment and troubleshoot maintenance issues. We are not seeking a chef but a manager.
In addition to familiarity with kitchens, the Kitchen Manager must have strong interpersonal skills including both written and verbal communication; the ability to work well with people with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and languages; and the ability to work well independently.
The Kitchen Manager shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe environment in the kitchen, and ensure that clients do as well.
- Monitor the users of the kitchen.
- Provide initial training and assistance to clients in the safe use and handling of equipment and materials.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on kitchen equipment .
- Monitor the kitchen equipment and troubleshoot repair needs.
- Manage repair, laundry, cleaning, and other services.
- Manage clients including scheduling and tracking kitchen use and any required classes.
- Process and record client payments via online kitchen management software.
- Coordinate with The Loop CID, REDI, and other resource organizations to host classes and trainings at the kitchen.
- Coordinate with The Loop CID, REDI, and others on promotion of the shared kitchen and the clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned/requested.
The Kitchen Manager shall be selected by the Business Loop Community Improvement District (CID) with input from REDI. This position reports to the Executive Director of the CID.
This is a part-time, contracted position starting at $2000/month. We anticipate an average of 20 hours a week. Because the kitchen will be available to clients 24/7, the Kitchen Manager should have some flexibility in regards to hours to ensure proper onboarding and to prevent issues from arising. The Kitchen Manager will work with the Executive Director of the CID to set regular hours.
This posting can also be found on Indeed.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Carrie Gartner, Executive Director of The Loop CID at firstname.lastname@example.org.